Wiki Upgrade Info
From Knoppix Documentation Wiki
Revision as of 09:31, 2 September 2005 by Peta11@mail.ru
- PHPWiki has a nasty security hole and had to reinstall the server to be sure all the nasties are gone
- To upgrade to the latest version of PHPWiki requires this same process ( copy and paste ) as the syntax is different, ie no upgrade script.
- Since the opportunity arises this will also be an upgrade to MediaWiki; it powers wikipedia.org and is unquestionably more stable and supported because of this. It also supports better spam prevention due to logins.
- Also a few people had commented that the wiki was a mess and it was getting a bit that way so this is a chance to clean it up.
- I have paid a developer to write a phpwiki 2 mediawiki syntax converter. It's not perfect and you will need to clean up the output. ( if you are good at php and regex and want to try to make it work better, email me! )
- The list of old pages and a link to their old content and an automatically converted new page( that will need fixing ) is at www.knoppix.net/oldwiki/
- The list of new pages is Special:Allpages
- The page names will be different. E.g. KnoppixCustomisations will become Knoppix Customisations
- The syntax of mediawiki is different from phpwiki. For help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page
- Obviously some of the pages do not need to be converted, e.g. the PHPwiki specific pages, or plugin pages.
- Keep the list below in alphabetical order and sign your name by typing --~~~~ (see Main Page for the lists)
We'll do the homepage of the wiki last, once all the pages are done.