Knoppix Hard Disk Scripts
From Knoppix Documentation Wiki
Revision as of 00:34, 9 October 2006 by Joga
In short, about the Knoppix Hard Disk Scripts:
To install knoppix on hard disk
- knx-hdinstall -> copies the KNOPPIX like system (compressed filesystem) in the hard disk). See: Hd Based HowTo .
- Use with Knoppix 3.3 and earlier.
- knoppix-installer -> installs a Debian like system (uncompressed filesystem) in the hard disk. See Install FAQ and Knoppix Installer .
- Use with Knoppix 3.4 and later.
KNOPPIX (compressed) is still a KNOPPIX (similar to the CD-ROM KNOPPIX). So, boot parameter "lang=en" should work
To just save your settings and files
- knoppix-mkimage -> used to create a 'persistent home' image on a media, that allows you to save your files and settings without installing the whole system on the hard disk. Use the "knoppix home=scan" boot option to search for and use the stored image. Using Unionfs (A Stackable Unification File System), the writable modification branch is saved, in other words the changes you have made to the files on the (ram)disk.