Knoppix Hard Disk Scripts
From Knoppix Documentation Wiki
Revision as of 00:13, 9 October 2006 by Joga
In short, about the Knoppix Hard Disk Scripts:
To install knoppix on hard disk
- knx-hdinstall -> copies the KNOPPIX like system (compressed filesystem) in the hard disk). See: Hd Based HowTo .
- Use with Knoppix 3.3 and earlier.
- knoppix-installer -> installs a Debian like system (uncompressed filesystem) in the hard disk. See Install FAQ and Knoppix Installer .
- Use with Knoppix 3.4 and later.
KNOPPIX (compressed) is still a KNOPPIX (similar to the CD-ROM KNOPPIX). So, boot parameter "lang=en" should work
To just save your settings and files
- knoppix-mkimage -> used to create a 'persistent home' image on a media, that allows you to save your files and settings without installing the whole system on the hard disk. Use the "knoppix home=scan" boot option to search for and use the stored home directory.