Cluster Live CD
The Bootable Cluster CD supports a drop-in solution for MPICH, LAM, PVM,
open Mosix parallel environments.
Tools are available for debugging, compiling, and profiling parallel codes.
Built from sources using GAR (a mix between BSD's "ports" system, Linux from scratch, and gentoo Linux).
- Homepage: http://bccd.cs.uni.edu/
- Download: http://bccd.cs.uni.edu/BCCD-Images/
- Size: 200MB.
- MD5Sum: 1e6db3d6584d125263d3f58a87aca412
- Latest version: 2.2.1.
- Author: Paul Gray - University of Northern Iowa
Cluster Knoppix is a Knoppix 3.6 based LiveCD with Open Mosix.
Content: Open MosixView / Open Mosix Userland (Cluster management tools), Open Mosix terminal server - uses PXE, DHCP and tftp to boot linux clients via the network, No cdrom drive/harddisk/floppy needed for the clients, Open Mosix autodiscovery - new nodes automatically join the cluster (without configuration), Every node has root access to every other node via ssh/RSAkeys, MFS/dfsa support, Every node can run full blown X (PC-room/demo setup) or console only (more memory available).
- Homepage: http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix
- Download: http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/download.htm
- Latest version: clusterKNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN-cl1
- MD5Sum: 9c0f21d068aca2182aed1dbf3efb0f43
- Size: 611,704 KB.
- Author: Wim Vandersmissen
DistccKNOPPIX is a LiveCD based on Damn Small Linux from Canada, running distccd daemon.
Feature: 4 versions of gcc, g++, cpp in single LiveCD. Run from RAM (toram) or hard disk (tohd) .
Content: Kernel 2.4.26, distcc 2.16 (port 3632), gcc (2.95.4, 3.2.3, 3.3.4, or 3.4.1), cpp (2.95.4, 3.2.3, 3.3.4, or 3.4.1), g++ (2.95.4, 3.2.3, 3.3.4, or 3.4.1).
- Homepage: http://opendoorsoftware.com/cgi/http.pl?cookies=1&p=distccKNOPPIX
- Mailing list: http://opendoorsoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/distccknoppix
- Latest version: 0.1.3
- Size: 55 MB.
- Platform: Intel X86, PowerPC (DistccPPCKnoppix)
- Author: James Greenhalgh
Instant-Grid is a Knoppix-based live-CD bundled with a pre-configured grid-environment based on the Globus-Toolkit. One PC started from this CD becomes the Instant-Grid frontend. It also functions as a PXE boot-server, allowing further PC in the same local network to boot the Instant-Grid-environment via network-interface-card. Together with the frontend these PC automatically form a working test-grid.
- Content/features: Globus-Toolkit, Gridsphere with grid-portlets, Globus-MPI, Ganglia. The setup is fully automated.
- Homepage: http://www.instant-grid.de (content mostly German)
- Download: http://www.instant-grid.de/?q=download
- Forum: http://www.instant-grid.de/?q=forum
- Supported language: German, partially English
- Status: Alpha, as of January 2006
- Author: The Instant-Grid team
Pai Pix is a Knoppix 3.6 based LiveDVD with focus on Scientific and Technical applications (Physics, Mathematics, Electronics).
Content: Open Office, Parallel processing (LAM-MPI), Exim plus, Cyrus imap mail solution, special remaster tool allows the user to include personal documents on the DVD.
- Homepage: http://aamorimsrv.fis.fc.ul.pt/
- Size: 1.2 GB
- Language: Portuguese and English
ParallelKnoppix is a Knoppix 3.4 based LiveCD with focus on Cluster of machines for Parallel processing.
Feature: LAM-MPI and MPICH, a single process can be executed on multiple machines in parallel, setup a cluster of machines in 15 minutes (with PXE network cards).<;br>