List V3.8.2 bugs here
1. Fails to boot from external USB DVD-CD drive
Early in boot, it prints : Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem. and drops into a mini shell. See also bug 6 on page V3.8.1 bugs
Solution?: Line 363 of linuxrc inside /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz may have two inconsistent extra underscores; "$FOUND_USB$FOUND_FIREWIRE" should likely read "$FOUNDUSB$FOUNDFIREWIRE". Untried. I have no USB-CD. [pbs 20050520]
2. smbfs has a 2 gigabyte file size limit
In the 21th century. tsk tsk tsk ...
Workaround : use cifs instead of smbfs ("modprobe cifs" might be needed)
--Xerces8 09:14, 16 May 2005 (GMT)
3. Serial mouse is not more detected since first 2.6.x kernel. Actually it is detected as "USB Mouse". Please try to fix this. (By the way, no problem with Kanotix remastered versions of Knoppix, so it may work). If it is not easy to always automatically detect the mouse what about force detection with a new cheatcode, for example knoppix serialmouse, or knoppix usbmouse etc. (oscar)
4. The losetup and mount programs have not been patched to support the multi-key setup of loop-aes. From loop-aes README file: "Setting up multi-key gpg key-file and using that key-file with old single-key only aware losetup/mount programs is dangerous." SOLUTION: This can be fixed by replacing the outdated mount-aes package with loop-aes-utils package from Debian. Please also include the aespipe package (installed size is only 88 kB) in KNOPPIX.
5. boot parameters "noeject noask toram" used together cause a hangup during shutdown. Without "noeject noprompt" machine does a clean poweroff. (jari_heikkinen 20 May 2005)
6. No connection to internet via ISDN with FritzCard 2.0 PCI, with both possibilities.